GDPR Global Privacy Consultant - IBM
The privacy consultants in the global security services practice are advisors and management consultants who can speak about the entire privacy landscape with a client’s senior management or executive team. The consultant should have depth of knowledge and experience with the development of a global privacy office, privacy by design, crossborder data transfer issues, data related vendor management concerns, EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as experience with the interaction of data security and data privacy. It will be helpful to have some familiarity with several of the following topics – risk management, Internet of Things (IoT), analytics, BYOD, cloud, global privacy laws and regulations, technology issues related to privacy regulations.The consultant will provide subject matter expertise in the form of briefings, workshops, and/or consulting engagements within their domain that assess a client’s privacy capabilities as well as recommending solutions to enhance a client’s overall privacy capabilities. Such client privacy capabilities may involve policy, process, technology, or organizational areas. Consultants will identify gaps in the current environment and recommend best practices or solutions to reduce client risk and increase their ability to deal with emerging risks to the organization. It is extremely important to develop creative solutions to difficult problems. This position is in the global consulting practice not the IBM Legal Department. It is not necessary to be an attorney to apply for this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise: Core consulting skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills at the C-level
- Ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to shape client expectations
- Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals
- Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise: Security and Privacy domain skills:
- Deep subject matter knowledge of Data Privacy and GDPR legislation frameworks
- Extensive track record of delivery consulting engagements in Privacy and/or Data Security areas
- An understand of contemporary and legacy security technologies used in Data Security, Privacy and Incident Response
- Good understanding of risk, regulatory and compliance issues (e.g. ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT, Financial Services Regulatory expectations)
The successful consultant will be client-facing but also be an internal advisor to other IBM consultants. The consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, deal closure, and organising the delivery of security consulting services with local teams.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Country: Denmark, Finland, United Kingdom, Norway
State / Province: REGION HOVEDSTADEN
City / Township / Village: BRØNDBY
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM Danmark ApS er landets førende virksomhed inden for informationsteknologiske produkter, løsninger og serviceydelser. De primære forretningsområder ligger inden for netværksløsninger, systemintegration, service- og konsulentvirksomhed. IBM er i stand til at levere totale løsninger, der bygger på IBM's produkter og teknologi.